Side by Side Container Systems
Safe and effective method of transporting containers to the unloading and loading position. Gravity conveyor system allows multiple container staging and easy part utilization for the operator. Lifts and tilts can be incorporated for ergonomic loading and unloading by the operator. Systems can be automated or manual.
A customer needed a safe and effective method for transporting and raising containers to an ergonomic unloading position. The operator found it difficult bending and reaching for parts. Not only was this problem time consuming, but also strenuous ergonomically.
Airfloat designed a gravity conveyor system that allows three container staging, and are unloaded by the operator. Containers are loaded/unloaded by the operator utilizing a thirty-five degree tilt. Once the operation is complete, the container is moved to the outgoing conveyor on an air bearing transfer shuttle. The operator utilizes the tilt to transfer the container to the outgoing gravity conveyor.
- The equipment includes a thirty-five degree tilt that reduces operator reaching and bending.
- Compact finger touch control panel is ergonomically designed requiring minimal effort for system functions.
- Container transfer shuttle is air bearing equipped requiring only one to two pounds of force for every one-thousand pounds of load.
- Ergonomic container unloading reduces the risk of injury to the operator.
- Increased efficiency emptying containers, thus increasing productivity.
- Operates on plant air supply.
- Completely pneumatic for low cost installation.
A customer needed an ergonomic material handling device that would maintain a steady flow of pallets to the operator without strain or injury.
Airfloat designed a side by side conveyor system with a 4000 lb. capacity. This system is 142 inches by 197 inches, consisting of two conveyors with a 14 inch lift on the workstation that raises the pallet up to the operator's height for removal of materials. The workstation then transfers to feed the empty pallet onto the outgoing conveyor. The empty pallet can then be unloaded by a fork truck.
- Operator can unload from the front or side of the workstation due to table rotation.
- Totally pneumatic for low cost installation (60 psi required).
- Conveyor system allows for three container staging
- Ergonomic container handling reduces the risk of injury to the operator.