Gorbel Tractor Drives
Gorbel tractor drives provide motorized movement of new or existing enclosed track Gorbel Work Station Cranes and Monorails. The drives are designed for indoor use and are available in steel track or aluminum track versions.
Applications for tractor drives include:
- Work areas where the operator cannot stand next to the load to move it by hand.
- Operations with high cycle times that require frequent lifting of heavy, awkward-shaped loads.
- Work Station Cranes equipped with large heavy bridges, i.e. 4000 lb. 34 ft. bridge or double girder bridge with nested trolley.
Features for Steel Track
- Precision drive assembly with polyurethane tread for smooth acceleration and long life.
- Drive wheel rides along inside top of the enclosed track (avoids splice joint sleeve)
- Standard speeds are 70, 90, and 120 feet per minute.
- Standard drives configured for 208-460 volt 3-phase.
- Adjustable counter balance to ensure proper drive wheel alignment.
Features for Aluminum Track
- Compact design for maximum crane coverage.
- Drive wheel rides along the bottom flange of the track for maximum traction and control.
- Durable drive wheel with a polyurethane tread machined to match the two degree taper of the track.
- Standard speeds are 95, 110, and 140 feet per minute.
- Standard drives are configured for 208-460 volt 3-phase power.
Standard Electrical Control Packages Include:
- Mainline Contactor (120 volt or 24 volt)
- Control Transformer
- Terminal Strips (labeled)
- Mainline Fusing
- Thermal Overload Protection for all motors
- NEMA 12, 3R, 4, 4X Enclosure (includes mounting brackets for bridge)
- ACM Motor Controller with soft start and soft stop (VFD optional)